Monday, October 13, 2008

Tagging...or, what PAP's do to whittle away time while we wait for news!

Tagging is a way that PAPs (prospective adoptive parents) hang out on our blogs as we wait for our paperwork pregnancy to proceed (who knew I was so alliterative!?) Anyhow, I was tagged weeks ago and am just now getting to it! I am THE slacker blogger! I wear the crown sheepishly.

1. What time did you get up this morning? Too early- I stayed up studying last night. Ok, really, 8am (I work from home so commuting and work clothes take on a whole new meaning)

2. Diamonds or pearls? Depends on the occasion.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? I can't remember! Agh!!! Grad school is consuming my life.

4. What is your favourite TV show? Anything on HGTV. I love nesting!

5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Whole wheat bagel

6. What is your middle name? Kept my last name as my middle name when I got married.

7. What food do you dislike? Anything with garlic.

8. What is your favourite CD at the moment? Anything by DMB. or, Jack Johnson.

9. What kind of car do you drive? 10 year old VW Jetta- we are saving for an international adoption, folks!

10. Favourite sandwich? Hmm...anything toasted, cheesy, and on a bagel.

11. What characteristic do you despise? Disrespect and ignorance.

12. Favourite item of clothing? PJ's

13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Hard to say, I looove to get away- anywhere! I often think of a tropical beach, calypso music, and balmy breezes ...And, Russia is just TOO obvious an answer.

14. Favourite brand of clothing? I am not really a clothes horse these days..we are in save, save, save mode.

15. Where would you retire to? North Carolina- like almost everyone else in Florida! I would like a place on the beach and a place in the mountains!

16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? My recent 35th (gulp)! 31, oddly enough, was pretty fun, too! Weird and random year, I know. But it was a great year!

17. Favourite sport to watch? College football- Go Gators!

18. When is your birthday? September 26th

Are you a morning person or a night person? Night Night Night! Unless I am tired and then.. Morning, morning, morning! But, I am never grumpy in the morning!

20. What is your shoe size? Me and every other woman who trolls the sales racks- 8.5!

21. Pets? Two Golden Retrievers who are "energetic" =)

22. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? I think I have figured out my dissertation topic! WAHOOOOOO!!!! Well, it's exciting to me- but I have no delusions of grandeur and can completely anticipate boring everyone with the details. Essentially, I am examining how school leaders "make sense" of state policies- especially with regard to the idea of competition in public schools (i.e. online education, charter schools, etc). Still reading? In particular, I am interested in the "political" aspect of how compliant a principal is in implementing the policy. And, by political I mean how a superintedent or school district exert informal influence in how the school principal constructs meaning. Don't say I didn't warn you.

23. What did you want to be when you were little? A lawyer, but I hate arguing. Fundamental flaw, I know.

24. How are you today? So-so...wondering when all of the paperwork and documentation will be done. ***sigh***

25. What is your favourite candy(lollie/chocolate)? I know this sounds un-American, but I don't really like candy. I am much more a fan of an ooey, gooey, chocolate brownie.

26. What is your favourite flower? Camillas

27. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Thanksgiving! Unequivocally!

28. What is your full name? Gillian

29. What are you listening to right now? I am watching CSI: Miami! I don't think David Caruso means to be funny, but his acting skills are fantastic! His use of sunglasses as a prop is inspiring. Plus, it's awesome to watch the old hometown!

30. What was the last thing you ate? A roast beef sandwich on whole wheat bread.

31. Do you wish on stars? Not really- although I love to see all of them on a clear, crisp night.

32. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be? Green

33. How is the weather right now? Unseasonably warm- I am ready for another cold front!

34. The first person you spoke to on the phone today? One of the teachers in my schoolhouse.

35. Favourite soft drink? Diet Pepsi

36. Favourite restaurant? Bella Bella!

37. Real hair colour? "Dark" blonde- really mousy brown, but recently with gray streaks! AAGGHHH!!!

38. What was your favourite toy as a child? Any book.

39. Summer or winter? Summer. Winter. Fall. Spring. I love the change of seasons- I am usually ready for which ever one is next when it comes!

40. Hugs or kisses? Hugs

41. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate

42. Coffee or tea? Hot chocolate with whipped cream. I don't drink coffee or tea.

43. When was the last time you cried? Today. The aforementioned teacher's dad passed away from cancer yesterday and I had been a part of his diagnosis, prognosis, and hospice. I knew how important he is to her and her son. Her loss just made me sad. And want to hug everyone in my life harder.

44. What is under your bed? "Winter"ish clothes- I live in Tallahassee, y'all. And, in a small, old house- every possible space is storage!

45. What did you do last night? Studied for my mid-term that was tonight. Blech.

46. What are you afraid of? Being unfair to someone.

47. Salty or sweet? Salty...I love Salt bagels...delish!

48. How many keys on your key ring? 3

49. How many years at your current job? 1

50. Favorite day of the week? Friday. Evening. after 5. The weekend has so many possibilities.

51. How many places have you lived in? 4

52. Do you make friends easily? Yes! Yes! Yes! Of course, group work in grad school makes that answer easy!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Thanks for playing along Gillian! :) And congrats on finishing up your homestudy - yay!!!