Sunday, February 15, 2009

ToMAYto or TomaTOE? It's really just about perception!

It's been about 6 weeks since we heard from our agency social worker so I am going to give her a call this week. I fully anticipate hearing "well, we really can't predict these things" BUT I just want to speak with her. I think it makes me feel like I am actually doing something (an illusion, I know). Matt references this strategy of mine as "stalking the social worker." What can I say? I don't know the protocol, but certainly it could be considered reasonable to give her a call since we haven't spoken via phone since December and via email since the beginning of January. Anyone ever have a long distance relationship in college? You know, the kind where you really like each other, go to different schools, and then over time, speak to each other less and less frequently until it just kind of peters out. Well, that's how this kind of feels like. So am I stalking our social worker or being persistent? I guess it's all about perception.

We have booked out late spring trip! I am so freakin' excited!!! We are headed to the St. Lucia. No cell phones. No blackberry. No email. While I am certain that they have this technology, it will be my goal to completely and totally unplug from the computer. As a virtual school leader, I can honestly say that in the last 17 months or so, there has only been 2 or 3 days when I haven' t dealt with an email or a phone call. I took a vacation day in July 2008 and received multiple calls that "had" to be dealt with right then and there. It was at that point that Matt and I realized that our only peace on a vacation would come if we left the country. I am tempted to make pictures of the resort and island my desktop wall paper. Is it to early to pack?

No comments: