Monday, February 9, 2009

Fistful of nothing- I am running out of pithy comments about no news!

Are we seeing a recurrent theme here? We have no news from our adoption agency, so we are beginning the process of considering a private adoption attorney. I am not sure how that works, but we are beginning to be open to consider that avenue. Essentially, the adoption attorney maintains a network of prospective parents and does much more outreach. I will let you know how this works out. I have a few leads. We are also on the list to attend the foster parent training for our state. By the end of this training we will be certified to have the state place a child in our home. Our greatest fear with this option is - not the child- but rather the stated objective of our Department of Children and Families to reunify biological families. We have to hope that a birth parent is unable to fulfill his or her stated obligations and that no biological family members are interested in parenting the child for the child to be placed with us permanently. Dicey, right? Both Matt and I are uber-sensitive and don't know the extent that we will have the fortitude to successfully navigate that program.

In the meanwhile, we are going on a "real" and "grown up"vacation! YIPPEE! And, WAHOO! We are heading out of the country in May. The countdown is ON! like Donkey Kong! It is our end of the semester reward! Matt will be done with his grad degree except for a small project and I will have made a decision between programs and courses of study! There will be MUCH to celebrate INDEED!

And, we figure, as soon as we pay for it, we will get a match! We should be so lucky, right?

4 comments:

Nicole Brueck said...

So sorry! The waiting can really get to you can't it. Sending good thoughts for a quick match!

G3 said...

Thanks! I need some 'adoption' fairy dust!

Susan said...

During my seemingly never-ending wait, I remember a neighbor saying to me, "just book a non-refundable vacation..the more expensive, the better!"

Hope it works for ya!

G3 said...

We just did! St. Lucia in May! I am so freakin' excited. CAN.NOT.WAIT. Now, if it doesn't happen..so okay too!