Monday, January 19, 2009

Just like "conjunction junction" from back in the day, I am at "procrastination station"

A great big "THANK YOU" to Mama Marte (my brother-in-law's mother) for gifting Matt and I an AWESOME slip covered sectional. We quickly realized that the microfiber couch we had wouldn't stand up to the use of 2 "LARGE and in-charge" puppos, 1 PAP who works from home, and the potentiality of an infant/toddler spilling things. We were searching high and low for a slip-covered couch that would fit our oddly shaped living and dining room, when Mama Marte came to our rescue. WAHOO! Now, we get to mini-decorate with new throw pillows, a new area rug, and some other things. And, we have saved a TON of money that will go right into our adoption fund.

Now, it's on to readings and school work for the week, advanced qualitative methods loom on my calendar tomorrow evening. Nothing like discussing the intricacies of "researcher as bricoleteur"- (Seriously, I couldn't make that up). Actually, I am being snarky- I am using qualitative methods for my dissertation so it's a super important class as I move forward with completing my mini-pilot for my dissertation. Word on the "committee" street is that I could sit for my exams in the fall, and pending passing them, begin my research this time next year. Could the end be in sight? I can barely contain myself =).

And, while I still haven't worked out- "hence procrastination station", I will be productive by getting my school work completed today to free up time later in the week. So..off I go...

No comments: