Saturday, January 17, 2009

Waiting sucks!

Really, there is nothing profound about waiting. I have been checking my email regularly, and by regularly, I mean hourly - and by hourly I REALLY mean every 60 (maybe 45?) minutes or so of my waking hours- to see if our Social Worker has contacted us about a birth mother. And nothing. Matt even accused me of stalking her! So, I email her weekly...really, in my mind, maybe we are on a "post-it' to call the next possible presentation and I am just helping her out by expediting hitting the "reply" button instead of the "compose" button. Having worked in middle school in a large urban district (read: bureaucratic) for years one would think that I have the patience of Job. And, typically, I think I do. But, grr....this is hard. Especially when we were so close in December. The grief is getting better, but somehow to make sense of this wait, it's still kinda tough.

I am throwing myself back into the swing of classes (on top of work) and am hoping that I will be able to work on "baby-ish" stuff without jinxing the process. I am working on getting the glass topped tables out of the living room, finding spaces for extra storage, and organizing things in the vein hope that somehow I can measure it all as "progress" toward a placement and adoption. I even checked my horoscope today- " 'BIG' things in 2009" is what it said...Hopefully, the biggest "thing" will come in the smallest package.

Fingers and toes crossed for "THE CALL" this week.

No comments: