Sunday, January 11, 2009

um..excuse me..please pardon the non-post below..I got a little excited about having a chance to post so soon!

Well..hello again! Clearly, I was waaaaayyyy too excited that I had a chance to post - I hit the return button too soon (hehe). It's early in the semester so - while I have some time- I thought I would try to update our blog regularly. I really appreciate all of the support that I get from everyone who responds to my questions and posts. There are very few adoptive parents among our circle of close family and friends so the "blogosphere's" expertise is really helpful as we navigate our adoption journey. With that in mind, if there are any domestic adoption bloggers who are "lurking" out there, could you send me an email or a post so that I can read over your experiences? I have stumbled on amazing families and really use their stories as guide posts in our journey. But, I would also like to broaden my own horizons. And, because of our limited experiences, everything we read is a learning experience.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations of things that I could be doing now that will help once we are matched and bring home our little bean..You know the kind of "If I knew than what I know now I would have..."

Last night we had a chance to catch up with Shelly and Lucas, Matt's friends from college who lived in SFLA when we did. We had a blast reminiscing of South Florida and chatting up how we know 2009 is going to be awesome! BIG CONGRATS to Shelly who recently landed an amazing job! It's awesome when someone with so much talent is recognized for her work! And, as we were hanging out at a "cheese-tastic" watering hole, the people watching was FANTASTIC! I love college towns! And, at this particular venue, the citizenry was out in full fashion force..undergrads, lobbyists, lawyers, doctoral students, locals...we didn't know where to look or who to watch! It was an intersection of cultures!

Now, it's back to reality...papers, work, and cleaning- in that order.

No comments: